Monday, November 19, 2018

5 Years Working at It


On November 12, 2013, I wrote a blog regarding Words, their usage and their meaning. Little did I realize that 5 years later, 263 weekly blog posting would be made on a consistent, weekly basis.  As my 5-year anniversary quietly moves by, my “Weekly Thoughts” have given me some time to reflect.

I always wanted to “try” my hand at writing.  Yes, “try” does not imply following through, providing a goal, nor giving insight to whatever the intent might be.  To rephrase, I have always wanted to write something, be it a comic book, novel, or anything.  Prior to November 12th, I would send a couple of inspirational sentences to a team I was working with.  The objective was to present some positive thoughts that they could use to their advantage, some small lessons to be shared, or even to realize they were not alone in their thinking and daily activities. 

Then I concluded, why share my thoughts with a small group when I could share with a larger audience.  If I wanted to help inspire others, pass on a lesson or share a positive event, I would need to reach a larger audience.  My events, my thoughts, my experiences – if presented in the correct format, might touch someone who was facing something in his/her life that a positive message might be something to help.  There are some values behind my writing – most importantly, there must be a positive message or a lesson learned.  I truly believe in the saying “every cloud has a silver lining,” so positive writing would be easy…or so I thought.

We are all in this life together.  The reality is that the rose-colored glasses can taint the way we view things.  If this was the 60’s and I said that everything was “Groovy,” you would instantly question what I was on.  All our lives have positives and negatives in them – it is how we perceive them, how we determine to react to events and how we communicate that makes our lives filled with optimism or dappled with pessimism.  Our outlooks define the outcomes we desire.  I have shared the good, the bad and the ugly, but always believe that the sun will come out tomorrow.

After 5 years of writing, I still believe in the importance of the words that we use and the good that they can represent.  Someone will be listening, and someone will take what you say to heart, whether you mean what you say or not.  Use your words wisely, and you too might have a positive impact on someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment